Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly Sims 2 Community featuring free downloads, Sim Stories, Games & More

HomeHome  Start HereStart Here  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  

Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???

Go down 
+4
Ullwera
Hunter
SimEm
Sugah Sim
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? Empty
PostSubject: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 17th 2009, 12:39 pm

One of the most fun projects we did together at Planet the Sims forum was The Roomies Adventure.

Those of us who participated, created our Simselves and then shared them with one another.

It was so neat to be able to learn how differently we each played out our Simselves' lives as roomies.

I, for one, enjoyed the hell out of that project. It was one of my faves.

I still have my Sugah Sim (you can see what she's been up to in my Sugah Sims Antics posts).
All I'd need to do is change up a few things (better eyes & ensemble, eg).

Here she is in her pjs, playing the violin.

Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? Snapshot_774166ab_b743f372

It wouldn't take me any time at all to package and zip her up to share with anyone interested.

Do you all have a Simself you'd like to share?
Would anyone be interested in doing a Roomies Adventure with me here?

Just a thought!!! I think it might be a blast!
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
SimEm

SimEm

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 17th 2009, 1:39 pm

I'll be your roomie! Do you still have my simself? I was thinking of going into CAS and redoing her, if you don't. I'll have to find out if I still have her DNA in my saved sims folder. I'm not sure if I want to start us all over, since some of my roomies had just started getting married and having kids when I'd left off. Do you think if I participate I should start off with us all living together or just move the new roomies into the neighborhood and let them meet?
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

Number of posts : 5956
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 17th 2009, 6:38 pm

Sugah - I think we should create a new thread for this and absolutely do it.

Whoever wants to participate can offer their Simselves or someone to offer as a "roomie".

FUN FUN FUN.

I can NOT wait to get around to my Mail Order Sims project!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://basicforsims.forummotion.com
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 19th 2009, 10:59 am

Oh, how fun!
Em, I had our Roomies Adventure in my main puter and recently lost ALL data in that one.
I'd need a new you.
I'd say start a new Roomies household in a new hood with your new Simself,
if you'd like. Something completely different from our original adventure.
What do you think?

I'll be re-creating my Simself a bit. I may start a whole new hood for this and generate
all new townies/npcs before I start.

Hunter, you're going to join us?
We can use the same last name we had in the original ... Simsibs ... unless someone can
think of something better/different. I'm open.
We decided, originally, to make us all siblings which was so great.
Shall we do it that way again?
I loved the closeness we Simsibs all shared in my game and will miss that fam MUCHO.

There's no hurry on this project, so whenever everyone who'd like to be a roomie
is ready to go ... just post it here.
I can start a new thread, as Hunter suggested, when a few of us are ready and able.

Thank you for your interest in this. I know it will be a blast, my friends.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 19th 2009, 2:41 pm

I was thinking I should probably just start over, if I can find the time to play. The last time I focused too much on getting our simselves up their career ladders and finding spouses and not enough on their relationships with each other. Some of us were not very close which is kind of sad. It might be nice to do a different approach this time and since I have freetime now I can explore the hobbies aspect.

Being siblings again would be fun. I know we decided to do that before so we wouldn't start flirting with each other and stuff like that. Since Ari and I have ACR now, that might be an especially good idea to do it that way again. lol

I'm not sure I want to make another brand new hood, so maybe I'll move us into my prosperity challenge hood. I haven't visited that one in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 20th 2009, 5:50 am

This sounds fun!

I´ll be your roomie too. Gold

Is there any specific rules for this roomie thing? Exept for having a simself?

I´ll have to re-do a little on Ulli otherwise she is ready.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 20th 2009, 10:39 am

Not sure if I want to jump in this time or not. I have a lot going on these days and am having anything but the slow relaxing summer I was hoping to have. We'll see, though.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 20th 2009, 2:32 pm

This is so great! Yippy

So far, we've got Hunter, Em, Sugah & Ulli interested.
I wonder if Ed won't join in with us? Maybe I'll PM him in case he missed this thread.
Ari, I'm sorry you won't be joining us this time. It was so much fun having you in the fam last time.

Okay, here's what we've got so far...

• We shall be sisters to keep things from getting complicated attraction/flirting-wise,
    as Em has pointed out.

• Some of us will need a bit of time to work on our Simselves, before we can exchange 'em.

• I'm thinking the best way to share our Simselves, would be to simply package them up
    and send them through email, if everyone is willing to do so.

• Each of us will have to give our personal information (eg Astrological sign, likes/dislikes, & career choice).

Shall we keep the last name Simsib? I rather like it, but as I said, am definitely open to suggestions.
Am I forgetting anything, Emily?
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 20th 2009, 11:43 pm

That all sounds cool Sugah - my only change is I wonder if we could "build up" our Sims first - then package them on maybe a 2 x 3 lot or something - unfurnished.

That way their personalities are already going to be what they're going to be. Then we can move them off those lots and into whatever house we find appropriate.

Is this doable - or does it defeat some kind of purpose?

I guess I'm thinking about my old Mail Order Sim project where the Sims already were into their lives a bit so their personalities and quirks were already built.

??????? Haven't done this one - so I'm a total Newbie.

I'm definitely on board however it plays out! Yup
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 23rd 2009, 8:08 pm

I probably won't get to play tons either, but I'd like to at least attempt to participate.

I think starting them out on an empty lot is actually a good idea, Hunter. The only problems I can see are if there are any incompatibilities between people who have different eps and also when you package sims on lots they take with them memories of every sim they've ever come in contact with and all that data can sometimes cause problems in game . . . at least that's what I've heard. I think though, if we keep the number of sims our sims come into contact with to a minimum and use clean pack installer to unpackage the lots, I think that way would work ok.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJune 23rd 2009, 11:28 pm

SimEm wrote:
I probably won't get to play tons either, but I'd like to at least attempt to participate.

I think starting them out on an empty lot is actually a good idea, Hunter. The only problems I can see are if there are any incompatibilities between people who have different eps and also when you package sims on lots they take with them memories of every sim they've ever come in contact with and all that data can sometimes cause problems in game . . . at least that's what I've heard. I think though, if we keep the number of sims our sims come into contact with to a minimum and use clean pack installer to unpackage the lots, I think that way would work ok.

Everything you've said is true. I think there are kinks we can work out. I was thinking like a minimal lot with base game things - and not meeting any neighbors or anyone within our power and play them for like a week (their time). Then when we install them in our game - they can move into their real homes with the roomies and begin life - but they'll already have personalities developed a bit.

I think this will be fun either way.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 2nd 2009, 12:47 pm

Sugah Sim wrote:
This is so great! Yippy

Ari, I'm sorry you won't be joining us this time. It was so much fun having you in the fam last time.

I didn't say no...I said I was unsure. It kind of depends on when everyone wants to start. I am interested, especially since I'm having such a hard time staying into the sims. I think it would be fun with a large group like we're getting - it is definitely a lot of fun to watch our sim selves acting goofy in each other's games.

I actually think it would be easier, in a way, to just set our personalities in CAS when we build the family, but I can see advantages to playing our selves for a week before moving in with each other. Let me know what you guys decide and I'll see if I can join. Gold
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 3rd 2009, 10:30 am

I don't know when my life will return to normal again, but perhaps we can set a tentative time to start
this project, say...around the first of September.
How does that work for everyone? Or we could wait til after the Labor Day holiday...

My personal preference is to download your Sims, then set the personalities in CAS as Ari described.
I enjoy helping my Sims gain skill points and building their careers from day one.
That's such a big part of it to me.
Also, creating our Simselves fresh and new, based on the info we share with one another (signs, likes/dislikes, career preferences, etc.) is a lot of fun to me.
I really enjoy that part of this kind of project. Of course, this is all only MY opinion.

We can keep discussing it, esp. since we might not be able to get this adventure going
anytime in the near future. We've got time to talk it through and plan it out, right?
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 3rd 2009, 10:41 am

September sounds good - my rugrats will all be back in school - full time for all of them!! I'll have more time to chill out and relax - and this will be a good time to start a sims project. It will also give me time to 'freshen up' my simself.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 3rd 2009, 3:58 pm

That was one of the reasons I thought September might work, Ari.
I knew your boys would be back in school and you'd have a bit more (much needed) time and space to yourself.

For me, I'll have (hopefully) relocated Sugah's Place by then and things will be more settled here with Snacky's mom, so I will have more time to enjoy my Sims and online activities as well.

So far, we've got Hunter, Ulli, Em, Sugah and Ari interested. Correct?
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 3rd 2009, 4:15 pm

Hello All -

I'm fine with downloading our physical Sim selves - then adding our personality traits/preferences/signs. WE get to supply that information right so that it is accurately us? I guess I'm not so clear on that as I haven't done that before.

Brian wanted to know if he could maybe join as well? Or is it girls only?? LOL I myself have a bit of a problem with his desire to do so because he is by nature - a flirt.

I'm on board though. This will be fun!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 3rd 2009, 11:23 pm

Yes, when we did it before we gave our own signs, aspirations, personalities, turn ons/offs, career preferences, etc. I was thinking it would be interesting to add what our interests too, even though that's not as easy to set in the game. When we start an official thread for it, I think we'll probably have a list, like a form you can fill out with all of the important info.

I'm ok, with Brian joining. We could make him or brother, so he wouldn't be able to flirt with us, but that wouldn't work so good for you, Hunter. lol The reason we decided to make our sims siblings the first time was because our group went from all girls to coed. I made a sim of my now husband that I shared. A couple of us had him in the neighborhood, but he wasn't an official member of the household, it was kind of optional. I personally wouldn't have a problem with adding Brian to the household, unless you or anyone else has a problem with it.

September works good for me too. My simself could probably use a makeover too or at the very least a new wardrobe.
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 4th 2009, 6:22 am

September sound fine for me too. I need a little makeover on my selfsim.

Isn´t that the easiest way to download the simmies and then set the personalities in CAS?

I think there has to be some brothers among all these sisters. I´m Ok with Brian joining. Give Hand
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 4th 2009, 10:16 am

I have ACR in my game, and I know Em does, too, so we definitely need a no flirting option. It's a huge mod, and I really don't want to take it out. However, couldn't we make Brian Hunter's husband? That way they can flirt all they want. Or we could make him a brother - but he and Hunter would never be able to get together. Or we could do like we did with Steve, where he lives in the same neighborhood, but not the same house - but since the project focuses around the Simsib house, then we wouldn't see him as much. It doesn't really matter to me, though, because I'm sure it will be fun no matter how we do it.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 4th 2009, 12:42 pm

LMAO

You know what I think - I think it would be funny to see if Brian would go for me in game like he has in real life!!! Hey - if he goes for one of you......he does!

ROFL I'm cool like that - what do you guys think? As far as he's concerned - I think you guys can decide - if he has his way (in game) he'd probably date us all!
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 5th 2009, 11:07 am

I'm thinkin' if you're wanting Brian to be your love interest, we should move him into a nearby abode, rather than with us (in which case he'd have to be a sibling).

One of the things we should specify, in addition to what Em has said ...
Quote :
Yes, when we did it before we gave our own signs, aspirations, personalities, turn ons/offs, career preferences, etc. I was thinking it would be interesting to add what our interests are, too.

... would be whether we'd like our real life loves/spouses as potential interests.
The way we did it last time (aside from Em's Steve), was create all new snacky bachelors.
It was fun seeing relationships bloom and how the couples inevitably ended up with their soulmates.

Sounds like it's a date for September. We can start the new thread as the time draws near.
Good deal! Old Sugah is lookin' forward to rooming with your Simselves, ladies.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 8th 2009, 12:23 am

I don't know, Hunter. With Em and I having ACR in our games, sims have more ability to take their romantic lives into their own hands. If sim Brian is left to his own devices, he may very well end up doing more than 'dating' one of more of us. LOL Also, I've noticed that family sims are aggressive, even if they are shy, like me. My simAri acted like quite the ho before ACR was ever even installed, the last time the girls and I did this project. She was flirting and pushing the boundaries quickly, because family sims are in a hurry to do the 'fall in love, get married, have babies' thing. And with ACR installed, they don't necessarily do it in that order!

However, it could be an interesting experiment...
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 8th 2009, 11:21 am

I remember Sugah (I think) had trouble with my Steve having high chemistry with my sisters and that was without ACR. Isn't there something you can set like autonomy levels that might deter Brian from going after the rest of us?
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 9th 2009, 8:55 am

I think the problem I had with Steve and our Simsibs, was that he was attracted to brunettes, if I am
remembering correctly.
Ari, Em, and Brittany Simsib all have brown hair.
Therefore, Steve had triple chem with over half the Simsib household. lol
But I remember he adored Em from the start.
He couldn't get enough of her and pursued her quite seriously, didn't he?

If anyone wants their real life loves to be possible mates for their Simself,
I propose we move them into a house nearby.
Or...
We could make it optional how everyone wants to set that up in their own game.
I'd like to have just the Simsibs living in an abode together, rather than any
possible, future love interests.
Is everyone okay with that?
Shall we leave it up to the individual player?
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? EmptyJuly 9th 2009, 9:59 am

You know, Em, I completely forgot about the customization settings for ACR. We can use those as a safeguard.

For some reason in my game, SimSteve and SimEm only had one bolt, no matter what I did to try to fix it. I changed turn-ons and turn-offs, and even changed Steve's aspiration, with Em's permission - but he still liked her siblings better.

I remember when SimSam joined us - we couldn't make him a sibling since he joined us later. He and SimAri had triple chem and I couldn't keep them apart! I had to watch them all the time to make sure they didn't make a move on each other while my back was turned! And even after Ari was married and moved out, Sam still called her often.

Nah, I don't need my real life love interest in the game. Any snacky virtual fella will do!

We'll have to all be on the same page for EP's too - because we may not all have the same available turn-ons and turn-offs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???   Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would anyone at Basic like to be roomies???
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next