Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly Sims 2 Community featuring free downloads, Sim Stories, Games & More

HomeHome  Start HereStart Here  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  

The Granite Family

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2008-12-19

The Granite Family Empty
PostSubject: The Granite Family   The Granite Family EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 2:02 am

This family is very special to me because they were the first sims I made when I started playing Sims 2. I had just gotten a new computer for Christmas that year, and I had just made the decision to buy Sims 2, rather than the Sims 1 collection that I was thinking about getting. That, combined with all the new feautres the game had to offer over TS1 was quite euphoric. These sim will always be the most important because I learned to play the game with them.

The Granite Family GraniteFamily

Jeremy was my absolute favorite from my first family. He was the first kid I grew up, so I experienced everything with him - his first kiss, acne, dirty jokes - it was all new and exciting. Here he is all grown up.

The Granite Family Snapshot_3301e4c3_74277f9d

He married Brandi Broke (another favorite of mine) and they had a very full house. While Brandi's third was a toddler, the couple got pregnant again - with my first set of twins! Good thing they were both family sims!

The Granite Family Brandi
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

Number of posts : 5956
Registration date : 2008-10-27

The Granite Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Granite Family   The Granite Family EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 2:32 am

Ahhhhhhhh......

The firsts are always memorable.

I remember my first family, although they've long past and I have no pictures of them. I played for a long time before I started chronicling their lives. They were the Kane family. The widowed mother of three daughters - all with hair of gold. Elizabeth was lovely and longed to find love again. Bridget, the oldest daughter - the socialite - beautiful - popular. Rainey, the smart middle child who preferred punkish style clothes and being friends with boys instead of dating them. Oh....and sweet, young Kylie. Kylie was the life of the family and was always up for cranking up the radio and dancing with everyone, games of pool - AND FOREVER on the phone. I miss them, I wish I had something to really remember them by......they are just "ashes" now.

Your first family were very beautiful. Jeremy........nice looking young man, he is.
Back to top Go down
https://basicforsims.forummotion.com
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

The Granite Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Granite Family   The Granite Family EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 9:54 am

...sniff! Sorry That's so sad. It sounds like you were as attached to your first family as I am to mine. They sound like they were a lot of fun.

Yes, Sugah will tell you, Jeremy is my baby. I haven't allowed him to grow old, and will never let him die. I just can't. I let his parents age and his mother died. I was so crushed. It was my first Sims death and I regretted it. I later had Jeremy borrow his daughter-in-law's Resurrect-nomitron to bring her back. Then I aged both the parents back to adult from elder and moved them to a little house together. I should visit some of that family. It's a big one.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

The Granite Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Granite Family   The Granite Family EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 10:57 am

I still marvel at how very attached we can get to our Sims and Simfams, even after all this time. You?

I remember when your hubby bought you that new computer at Walmart, Ari.
And yes, I remember Jeremy and your tremendous affection for him well. I don't blame you for not being able to age him or part with him.
I can totally relate to that, as MANY a Sim I have had stay young, so they would never die.
Remember I had this idea that I was going to set up a nursing home to move all of my favorite Sims (who had aged into elders), just so I could play them with the age off cheat ON all the time? Giggle

I still have a mind to do that, now that I think of it.

I need to think about which of my fave Simfams I would like to share first.
Thank you for sharing Jeremy and Brandi with us, Ari.
I always enjoying seeing them.

Thanks

(PS Is that Dirk Dreamer in the background of the first pic? It sure looks like him. He looks dreamy in that ensemble, if it IS him. lol)
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
Zayury

Zayury

Number of posts : 582
Registration date : 2008-12-15

The Granite Family Empty
PostSubject: WOW!   The Granite Family EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 3:09 pm

You dear ladies really play the game! Shocked I'm ashamed to say that I have rarely played it like I should! I mainly just take pics of my 'models'. Embarassed

I have tried to play a little more here and there, to learn more of the features. I see something in someone's picture and I wonder how they got their Sims to do this or that, and DUH, Duh all I needed to do was play the darn game! LOL! LOL

I do remember the first Sim I killed. Just to see what they do when they die. (It was totally research ladies, I'm not psycho or anything like that, honest!) I made these triplets and put them in the game with the horrible character my bro created, Scotty! Bull He was a sloppy, lazy, and mean Sim! My bro wanted to see how much he would irritate the triplets, lol! Anyways, I had one of the triplets go into the pool, and then I took away the ladder... It was very interesting research! Giggle

I am very proud of my first 3 female models, and my 2 male models, I'll see about showing a pic of them later. Oh, and I'm also VERY proud of my only Sim family! I married my dear and wonderful friend Eve's muse with my very first model, and their 3 daughters and 1 son are my pride and joy!!! Kiss

My dear Ari, this was really nice to see! What a wonderful way to look back and see where you started in the game, isn't it? Jeremy is very cute! And I think the glasses make him look very sexy! Loving His bride is lovely! I am also curious as to who the handsome Sim in the background is, and where did you get that very sexy outfit?! Kiss
Back to top Go down
http://panterasmemories.blogspot.com/
lACz

lACz

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-12-18

The Granite Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Granite Family   The Granite Family EmptyJanuary 3rd 2009, 11:16 am

Zayury wrote:
You dear ladies really play the game! Shocked I'm ashamed to say that I have rarely played it like I should! I mainly just take pics of my 'models'. Embarassed

I have tried to play a little more here and there, to learn more of the features. I see something in someone's picture and I wonder how they got their Sims to do this or that, and DUH, Duh all I needed to do was play the darn game! LOL! LOL

Thats exactly what I do! I used to play the game but now all I find fun is capturing a perfect screenie or setting up a scene for a picture and all that. Shame really because I'm not really interested in the Sims as much as I used to be.

I've got that outfit that the mans wearing in the background of the 2nd picture. I think its from hnote.net, they have similar things there like that.

Jeremy looks so cute with his glasses! Loving
Back to top Go down
http://www.urbanc.tk
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

The Granite Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Granite Family   The Granite Family EmptyJanuary 4th 2009, 2:13 am

Thanks so much, everyone!

Sugah - yes, that's Dirk. He looks great in that outfit, doesn't he?

I remember the nursing home idea. A community just for the elders. You could even make a bunch of little houses on one lot for them to live with a central pool - or just one big house. If you install AL, then a few could take up residence there. That would be cute. You could name it Sunset Acres or something.

Zayury - Don't worry, you're definitely not a psycho. I mean, you are, but not because you like to experiment killing sims, lol! I, myself, have done it MANY times - in many different ways. Just simply because I'm evil, lol.

That's Dirk Dreamer in the background. Since you don't actually play the game, you may not be familiar with some of the default families. Dirk starts as a teen in Pleasantview. He lives with his dad, Darren, who is also quite handsome. Sugah and I have spent quite awhile drooling over those two!

Jeremy's wife, Brandi Broke, is also a Pleasantview default. My favorite, actually.

You'd be surprised how many pictures for stories I shoot by just making sims talk to each other. They're pretty expressive (sometimes overly so), and often make the perfect face sooner of later.

SimStarStyle - ah, thanks. I had no idea where that outfit came from. I'm pretty sure I got if from the exchange. It probably wasn't supposed to even be there.

The nice thing about this game is that so many people can use it for so many different reasons. Telling stories, making videos, building, creating hair, clothing, art, walls, etc. And if that wasn't enough, sometimes you can play the game or play a challenge. That's quite a big bang for the buck. So you guys shouldn't feel guilty for not playing it. You're still using it, and because of that have become connected to many other people in the sims community. That's an awesome thing!

Ah, my Jeremy. That picture isn't very good. It was an old one I had laying around. One of these days I'm going to take some good ones of him and Brandi.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

The Granite Family Empty
PostSubject: Good idea!   The Granite Family EmptyJanuary 4th 2009, 5:43 pm

Quote :
Sugah - yes, that's Dirk. He looks great in that outfit, doesn't he?

I remember the nursing home idea. A community just for the elders. You could even make a bunch of little houses on one lot for them to live with a central pool - or just one big house. If you install AL, then a few could take up residence there. That would be cute. You could name it Sunset Acres or something.

Yes, he really does. That ensemble reminds me of one of the outfits Johnny Depp (isn't he one of your faves...a Virgo, you know, lol) had on. I downloaded a couple of Johnny Depps at one point. It's a handsome outfit and looks so familiar...

Oh, that's right! AL would change things up for me, wouldn't it? I could create a bunch of little houses or townhouses OR a luxury apartment complex for my retired Sims. That'd be so much fun! Sunset Acres works for me. I LIKE it! Great idea!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

Number of posts : 5956
Registration date : 2008-10-27

The Granite Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Granite Family   The Granite Family EmptyJanuary 4th 2009, 6:06 pm

Zayury wrote:
You dear ladies really play the game! Shocked
I do remember the first Sim I killed. Just to see what they do when they die. (It was totally research ladies, I'm not psycho or anything like that, honest!) I made these triplets and put them in the game with the horrible character my bro created, Scotty! Bull He was a sloppy, lazy, and mean Sim! My bro wanted to see how much he would irritate the triplets, lol! Anyways, I had one of the triplets go into the pool, and then I took away the ladder... It was very interesting research! Giggle Kiss

LMAO I'm not evil either - but I HAVE killed Sims on purpose........and that's all I have to say about that.

Bull Any comments????
Back to top Go down
https://basicforsims.forummotion.com
Zayury

Zayury

Number of posts : 582
Registration date : 2008-12-15

The Granite Family Empty
PostSubject: HUNTER   The Granite Family EmptyJanuary 5th 2009, 8:06 am

No comments our fearless leader, none at all! Stunned

ROFL
Back to top Go down