Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly Sims 2 Community featuring free downloads, Sim Stories, Games & More

HomeHome  Start HereStart Here  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  

Em's La Femme Family

Go down 
+3
Astral Faery
Ullwera
SimEm
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SimEm

SimEm

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Em's La Femme Family Empty
PostSubject: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 6th 2009, 10:34 am

Ok, here's what I started with on my family last night. I pretty much just got us set up with our right careers and hobbies, let us socialize a little and greet the neighbors passing by and built us a quickie, fixer-upper house. We started up with $40,000, because I added Elle and Russ to the family after making the rest of us in CaS. I spent all of it on the house, with only $14 left over.

I'm imagining we inherited this house after our mother died. All of the furnishings had to be sold and the walls and floors stripped down. We've decided to come together to fix it up into a nice home again.

Here's the exterior. It has a really nice seaside view. There's water just to the right of the lot.

Em's La Femme Family Snapsh11

Here's the first floor.

Em's La Femme Family Snapsh12

And the upstairs.

Em's La Femme Family Snapsh13

I used the dorm doors that come with Uni, so I'm going to assign a specific bedroom to each of us. I'm thinking about making each of us leave half of the money we earn in the family funds to pay for groceries, bills, and improvements on the main part of the house. The other half we can each use to fix up our own bedrooms. I'm not sure how that's going to work or if it will be too much work to keep track of, but that's what I'm going to start out trying and see how it goes.

I'll post more later, I hope and show some pictures of our family in action.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Ullwera

Ullwera

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 6th 2009, 11:51 am

Nice starts Em! Now they really need jobs to get some nice stuff.

This is fun!!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 6th 2009, 3:01 pm

I'm so jealous, lol. I love the house. I wish I liked building - but it's just not my thing.

Looks great so far, looking forward to more.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 6th 2009, 9:26 pm

I like the house, Em. You're off to a terrific start. It's neat to see all of the siblings curbside like that already.
And I'm LOVIN' that we have a seaside view, of course. lol

I'm thinking my abode will be quasi-stripped and with only the bare minimum.
That's so much a part of the fun, though. Every new item we add is earned by our siblings.
Makes it so much more rewarding!

I haven't gotten started on getting us all set up yet, as I'm preparing the La Femme home.
But I will within the next few days. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

Number of posts : 5956
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 6th 2009, 10:13 pm

Oh wow Em. I can't wait to see more.

You've provided luxurious accomodations for us. Everyone gets their own room??? Wait till you see the housing I've found for us all. Em's La Femme Family 252500

I'm so happy this has all started. So cool!!
Back to top Go down
https://basicforsims.forummotion.com
Autumnelle

Autumnelle

Number of posts : 2910
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 7th 2009, 7:06 am

I can't believe we not only have a house, but we all have our own rooms. Wait until you see my plans; you'll may gang up on me. Em's La Femme Family 721850 Hmmm...I may have to rethink.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 7th 2009, 12:14 pm

I'm not sure what I would have done if I didn't have the extra money from moving us in in two different groups. I got the idea that I wanted to make it like apartments for us, even though I don't have apartment life. Usually with big families I have sims share rooms, so I won't mind if we are sharing rooms. We've got privacy in my house, at least, but I don't think I'd call a bare room with nothing but a twin bed and maybe a window if you're lucky to be that luxurious though. Em's La Femme Family 721850 Have you seen Russ's house, by the way. Not only do we get our own bedrooms, but we get our own bathrooms too! I'm really looking forward to seeing what Hunter and Elle have planned, now!

It was just an empty lot when I moved the siblings in, Sugah. I didn't start building until after they moved in. I didn't want to get carried away and build something they couldn't afford.

You can copy the design if you want, Ari. I had the idea in my head first, but I had trouble deciding where to put the stairs. I was worried for awhile that it wasn't going to work.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 7th 2009, 10:21 pm

Quote :
It was just an empty lot when I moved the siblings in, Sugah. I didn't start building until after they moved in. I didn't want to get carried away and build something they couldn't afford.

You know, I absolutely thought about doing it that way, Em.
I might STILL, if I am not happy with the renovated Victorian I'm working on, when done.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 7th 2009, 10:22 pm

This is too fun.

I'm getting ready to post tonight Guys!

Where we end up living is just under $44,000. We moved in with $45,000. Wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 8th 2009, 6:52 am

Thanks, Em. I probably would have, as I'm kind of a building tard, but I already had something built before I saw yours. I really look forward to watching it spiff up.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 8th 2009, 12:43 pm

Quote :
I'm kind of a building tard.

Giggle
Okay, that just tickled me, AF! Too funny!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 9th 2009, 11:28 am

After I finished building, I zoomed in on the family to see what they were getting up to and what was the first thing I saw? Em doing the "infamous Em Sim slouch." I caught Elle doing it too, so I'm glad I'm not the only lazy, sloucher in the family this time. Em's La Femme Family 721850

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f8272310

Ulli must have noticed it too, because she started gossiping with Hunter about Em.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_38272320

What kind of scandalous stories are you telling about Em, Ulli? Hunter looks shocked!

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_3827237b

Everyone pairs up outside to socialize.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_78272498

Except Em, who goes inside by herself to paint.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_982724fb

The girls play football while Elle and Russ run around the back of the house having a waterballoon fight.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_78272549

They aren't very good at playing catch. They all drop the ball every time. lol I didn't think we were particulary sporty girls.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_5827258a

The game ends as neighbors start walking past the house to see who has moved in. Look up, cute guy at 9:00!

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_9827262c

Ulli finds something hilarious. Not sure if it's something Ari or the guy she's talking to (I think his name is Damion) said. Or if it's the other guy walking past. (Does he look familiar to anyone?)

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_782726cc

Ari looks like she's really starting to like this neighborhood.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_7827275b

More neighbors come from both sides to welcome us to the neighborhood. Some are not as welcoming as others. One man rudely expresses his first impression of Sugah. Who needs you, dude? There are plenty of other men who will recognize what a catch our lovely Sugah is.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f82728ab

Em finally puts her painting aside to socialize and makes a bee-line straight for this guy. I believe his name is Elliot. She seems to know who she likes!

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_982729d1

Hunter is checking out the neighbors, making sure they are the kind of people we should be inviting in our home and the type of guys her sisters should be socializing with. "You've never been in jail have you?"

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f829b6f4

"Jail, are you kidding me? Absolutely not!" "Just asking. You don't have to get so offended."

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_3829b74e

Meanwhile, Russ is inside, just chilling. He doesn't seem too impressed by people dropping by.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_b829b658

Ari: "I know gaming is my main hobby and my chosen career path, but I'm not sure I like gaming all that much."

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_3829b77b

Elle: "Maybe you should stick with it for awhile, until something better comes along. We really need the income from all of us working."

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f829b7db

I don't think Russ appreciates Hunter talking while he's trying to watch tv.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_b829b803

Ari: "Woah, is it getting hot in here?"

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f829b8b7

Uh oh, I spied the guy in the gold shirt (Jeremiah) walking past. Ulli runs outside to greet him before Ari can get to him first. "He's mine!"

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f829b8e9

But somehow Ari greets him first.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_b829b91c

Neither sister seems that impressed by him in person. They decide they'd rather talk to each other and let him go inside alone.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f829b97b

Elle seem to like him though. And so does Hunter. "Who is that guy that Elle is talking to?"

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_3829c58e

She butts in and tells him how great she is.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f829c5c7

Hunter: "Ooh, this guy could be perfect for me." Elle just stares.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_b829c5e1

That was the first day. Sugah was the only one who had to work the first night as a Psychic Phone Pal. The next morning the rest of us set off to work in pairs. Russ, Ari, Ulli, and Elle all got promoted the first day, so we've already got over $1000 in the bank. I'm still deciding what to spend the money on first. Functional items, decorative items, prettier walls and floors?

I'll leave you with Ari, celebrating her promotion on her first day of work.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_d829cf13
Back to top Go down
Autumnelle

Autumnelle

Number of posts : 2910
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 9th 2009, 11:38 am

Em's La Femme Family 262314 Em's La Femme Family 262314 Encore! I love it. Why is this reminding me of Hunter's black widow challenge, though? Em's La Femme Family 721850
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 9th 2009, 11:45 am

OMG! Your commentaries are hilarious, Em! I was giggling the whole time! Giggle

Funny you should mention the "infamous Em slouch". I caught Elle doing it a bunch last night, too, and thought, "dueling slouchers!!!"
You are finally in (good) company, my sista. lol

I know old Sugah would be droppin' the football all over the place. This uncoordinated old bird doesn't have a sporty bone in her broken old body.
Speaking of being old and broken, that fella sure let Miss Sugah know he thought so! He didn't have to act so REPULSED by her. lol

I liked Ari's "is it getting hot in here?" capture and the last one of her, "adios, amigos". They both brought a smile to my face.
Hunter butt in on Elle and the handsome fella in gold to let him know how fabulous she is! LOL
It makes sense that they might be somewhat compatible. Didn't you say Jeremiah was a Leo, like Hunter?

I love that I'm the paranormal field. I don't know anything about it (but have always been interested) and look forward to having Sugah develop her career in it. Cool!
What EP did that come with, btw?

Very fun bunch of screenshots and captions, Emily. I really enjoyed these.
Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 9th 2009, 12:02 pm

OMG, Em!! I'm cracking up here! Brilliant brilliant brilliant So much fun!

I love Ulli's sprint to meet Jeremiah and Ari getting there first - and then they both talk to each other instead!

And V bragging about herself!

And Ulli gossiping to V about Em, lol.

I love V asking the guy if he's ever been in jail - hilarious!

Very much looking forward to more, sister dear. Giggle

Last edited by Astral Faery on December 9th 2009, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 9th 2009, 12:06 pm

Quote :
Why is this reminding me of Hunter's black widow challenge, though?

Uh oh, I'm worried now. Em's La Femme Family 308424 I'm going to try to have them back down on the man-hunting attitudes. The first day is when all the neighbors drop by, so I wanted them to meet as many as possible. Hopefully they'll settle down after this update and I will try to have them focus on other things too, like their relationships with each other.

Quote :
Didn't you say Jeremiah was a Leo, like Hunter?

Yes, he's a Leo and a family sim who likes black hair. I think they have triple chemistry.

I think the paranormal career came with Uni. I actually thought of putting you in that field the last time, since it kind of goes with your interest in astrology. It will be interesting. I haven't really played the uni careers that often since you have to have a college degree to get into those fields. For our family I cheated though, so we could experience some of the uni careers too.

Thanks, all. Sims are hilarious all on their own if you watch them close enough. I'm mostly leaving them to their own devices, unless they start vegging out on the couch or in front of the computer too much, then I direct them towards skill building for their jobs or achieving some wants. It's fun to see what characters they can be.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 9th 2009, 9:09 pm

I cheated with everyone's career - with the sim blender, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 9th 2009, 9:37 pm

Quote :
I actually thought of putting you in that field the last time, since it kind of goes with your interest in astrology.

It does, indeed! I've always been a bit interested in the Paranormal for as long as I can remember.

Quote :
Sims are hilarious all on their own if you watch them close enough.

I've always thought so, too. I need to relax and stop being on a mission for them to accomplish something all the time, though.
This way, they'll have a lot more time to simply "do their own thang"!

Looking forward to what's in store for our Sim sisters next, Em.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 9th 2009, 9:57 pm

Em's La Femme Family 946924 This is freaking hilarious........but I'm not like that though! Jeremiah is one fine guy though.

Em - I'm loving this - you're flipping hilarious. I don't really get the Black Widow vibe though.

I was cracking up by the time Ulli was talking about you to me. I also think it's cute that we chose to play football together. I'm guessing that would never happen.

Your screen captures are really great Em - your commentary even better. I needed this laughter tonight. Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 10th 2009, 11:42 am

Quote :
I cheated with everyone's career - with the sim blender, lol.

So did I.

Quote :
I need to relax and stop being on a mission for them to accomplish something all the time, though.

Me too. I keep thinking there's some end goal I'm working towards like in the Duggar or Liz Taylor challenges. I have to remind myself there's not, I'm just playing.

Quote :
Your screen captures are really great Em - your commentary even better. I needed this laughter tonight. Thank you so much!

Aw, thanks so much, Hunter. I'm glad you enjoyed it and that I could provide some much needed laughter with my little simmies.

Em's La Femme Family 642848
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 12th 2009, 9:08 am

I agree - I was cracking up too. =)
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 14th 2009, 4:46 pm

Anyone want to call dibs on this fine fellow? I didn't bother sending anyone out to greet him. Em's La Femme Family 308424

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_982adca9

Elle: "Em, there's a phone call for you!"

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_982addc8

Em: "Oh, hi!" It's Elliot. The guy she ran outside to meet the day before.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_b82adedf

Em: " No, you aren't interrupting dinner. I don't really cook."

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_582ae0c8

Em: "I'm just hanging out at home with my sisters."

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_b82ae0dc

Elle's not curious about who Em is talking to on the phone. Ari is thinking about her recent promotion.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f82ae11b

Once Em and Elliot start talking about boring things like politics and they realize he isn't asking her on a date (like I thought he was going to) Elle and Ari lose interest and go about their own business. This reminds me, I need to make some community lots in this hood. If he had invited her out, they wouldn't have anywhere to go.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_782ae17d

Ew, Ari, don't eat that. Russ started to make that sandwich earlier in the day, but got interrupted when he had to go to work. It's been sitting out all day long. Em's La Femme Family 352510

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_582ae39f

Em is so thrilled that Elliot called that she immediately starts dancing.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_582ae42c

Ari: "Ok, Em. It was just a phone call from a guy. No big deal."

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f82ae469

Russ and Hunter like to splash in the puddles. It's been a rainy spring.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f82aef3c

Ulli argues with Em about . . . a mortar and pestle? I'm not sure how to interpret that one. I was afraid Em was going to cry or something, but she told Ulli she doesn't like them either and that was the end of that.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_782c4b6f

A moment later, Ulli tells Em a joke and they're good again, laughing and getting along

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f82c4cca

Hunter: "We're starting to make a lot of money now. What do you think we should do with it?"
Ulli: "I think investing it would be a good idea."

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_182c4d54

Hunter: "That's a good idea, but I think we should keep some of it in cash so we can spend it."
Ulli doesn't look like she agrees.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_182c4d89

Ulli: "Are you sure that's a good idea? Right now we really should be saving our money."

While Hunter and Ulli discuss the money situation, Em nearly catches the house on fire. She can't wait for her toaster pastries to finish baking and has to stuff her face in the meantime. Luckily she gets them out in time. I'm amazed that none of us have started any fires yet.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f82c4dc1

Ulli relaxes on her day off while Russ enjoys playing on the computer.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f82c4ffa

Ulli gets a phone call and doesn't seem pleased about it. Ulli: "Who is this?"

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_d82c50b8

Ulli: "Oh, Terence, I remember you now. We met yesterday. Ok, hi." (Terence is the guy Ulli looked like she was laughing at as he walked by.)

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_f82c50df

Ulli: "What's new since we met? I got a new job." Ulli and Terence have a really short conversation.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_382c5125

Sugah heads off to work in the evening, thinking about doing her part to help earn money for the family. She wonders if it's going to be enough.

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_782c5331

On the way out, she passed Em and Elle who are coming home from work at the same time. In the car is a new friend that Em has brought home from work...

Em's La Femme Family Snapshot_d825c983_382c53f1
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 14th 2009, 7:42 pm

Em's La Femme Family 548688 You're commentary on the conversation bubbles between all of us cracks me up Em. I especially love the banter between Ulli and me about money.

I want it known that I DO NOT want the guy in the unitard. Em's La Femme Family 381655

I love your pictures and your interpretation of our Roomies Adventure. I'm also very happy to see that we're succeeding and moving up in their careers.

I've said it a dozen times - too much fun.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 14th 2009, 8:06 pm

Definitely a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me on the guy in the leotards. Em's La Femme Family 721850

The story is coming along great, although I am wondering what you have in store for us?
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family EmptyDecember 15th 2009, 8:10 am

Okay ...

A/ Thank you, but a big fat NO to the blondie in the unitard. Roll Floor
B/ Em's phone conversation with Elliot was quite funny.

Some other funny captions:

Quote :
Once Em and Elliot start talking about boring things ... Elle and Ari lose interest and go about their own business.
Quote :
Ari: "Ok, Em. It was just a phone call from a guy. No big deal."
Quote :
Em nearly catches the house on fire. She can't wait for her toaster pastries to finish baking and has to stuff her face in the meantime.

Giggle

and

C/ What happened to our sister Elle's precious green top & jeans? How'd she end up in that homely default ensemble? EGADS! Stunned

This was fun, Em. It's true what you said. I need to remind myself I am just playing for the sheer enjoyment of it, not cause I have a strict goal to meet at the end of some challenge.
This little project should inspire us to just have fun playing!
(Although I do have certain goals I'd like to achieve for the La Femme sisters. Yup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Em's La Femme Family   Em's La Femme Family Empty

Back to top Go down

Em's La Femme Family
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next