Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly Sims 2 Community featuring free downloads, Sim Stories, Games & More

HomeHome  Start HereStart Here  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  

Just Plain Pictures

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EKozski

EKozski

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 9th 2009, 3:13 pm

I have Ari, Harry and VADixieGal to thank for this:
Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 Snapshot_00000001_969c4cdc
I'm on the left, Phil is on the right with our cat, Gizmo.
Gizmo died last year just before Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Zayury

Zayury

Number of posts : 582
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 9th 2009, 8:39 pm

Send Flowers Kiss AWWW! My dear Sunshine, it is so very nice to meet you and your darling partner! You both look ADORABLE! Kiss Crush
Back to top Go down
http://panterasmemories.blogspot.com/
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 9th 2009, 9:07 pm

Thank you, honey.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 9th 2009, 10:55 pm

Nice to meet you both, Ed.
I am sorry about your loss (Gizmo).
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2009, 1:37 pm

Thank you.

I'll tell you, for the first few weeks after he died, it was really different not having him around. It was a very big adjustment emotionally. But, he led a very active life. And, he knew he was loved by the both of us. Whenever Phil went to bed, Gizmo was right behind him, and sat up on the bed until Phil was asleep. Then he'd come out here and jump on my lap on doze off. He watched out for the both of us just like we watched out for him.

After he died, Phil made him a coffin and I took a small walk and buried him. I got all my emotions out by digging a nice deep grave. It's pretty deep. Then I covered him up, said a few prayers. Put some markers down so I know where he is and left.

Every now and then, I'll take a walk and go visit him.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

Number of posts : 5956
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 10th 2009, 9:29 pm

I'm sorry about Gizmo Ed.

I am a pet owner and about a month before Thanksgiving of 2006 was the hardest day of my life. I had to make the decision to put down my beloved, sweet baby ferret. I'd had her 5 years - she was my first "daughter". I'll tell you I can talk about it now - but it took my head about a year to tell my heart that I'd made the right decision. IF I had opted to keep her alive - it would have been for ME and not HER. I will admit it was hard to NOT be selfish. Now I'm in a place where I'm thankful that I got to be a part of her life and that she graced mine with her awesome presence for 5 years. I'm even more thankful that that sweet, little furry girl that I brought home and just fit in my hand and slept in the cradle of my arms whenever she got tired, left this world the same way - laying in the cradle of my arm. I miss her always - but I think our lives are richer with pets in them - I'm more thankful now than regretful or hurt.

Kiss Again - I'm sorry for your loss Ed.

On a less serious note - that recolor of the loft you did was FABULOUS Sir! Bravo! You are so gifted I swear. I think you should start a "Sims 2" Interior Design Firm. SERIOUSLY. Yup
Back to top Go down
https://basicforsims.forummotion.com
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2009, 5:18 am

I'm so sorry Hunter.

My parents had to make that same decision many years ago. My mom bought my dad a Pekingese. Beautiful dog. Brown fur with little streaks of black in it. Well, anyway, as years went by, the dog got really sick. They had to make that same choice. Granted they could've spent thousands keeping the dog alive, but in the end, it was just prolonging the inevitable. So, I had to take the dog to the Vet's and had him put to sleep. I never want to experience that in my life again. I just dropped him off, patted him on the head. Told him everybody loved him and left. I got in the car and just shook. A person isn't mentally and emotionally equipped to deal with that. I know I wasn't.

As for my cat. He was my baby. He had the run of the house. There was only two places off limits to him, the table and the kitchen counter. Other than that, the house was his.

I remember one night not too long after we got him, we decided to have liver and bacon for dinner. Well, we sat down to eat and this cat started meowing like crazy. Turns out, he loved liver and bacon. So, I got a small plate cut a piece of mine, cut his up in smaller pieces and gave him a small serving of bacon and this cat almost inhaled it. We learned after that, next time we have that for dinner, make a little extra for him.

Every once in awhile, he'd jump up onto the back of my chair, lay down, put his head on my shoulder and watch what I was doing on the computer. If he wasn't situated right, he'd put his paw on my cheek and make me move my head a little so he could see. And his tail was always flying in my face. He purred loud too.

Whenever I came home from work and fed him, I'd talk to him just like I was talking to a real person. Every now and then, I'd get a tiny meow. His ears would move back and forth as I just rambled on. As soon as I put his dish down, I didn't exist until he was done. Then, he'd come lay next to me, clean his face and paws and leap up on my lap and curl into a ball of fur and snooze.

As you can tell, I still miss him. But, he's not too far away to visit. I've got pictures, I have a picture of him on a coffee mug. That one is wrapped in plastic and put away. I've got him in my game now. He's never too far away from me, just like when he was alive.

I decorate for fun. I like to try out new and different things just to see how they look. It's a creative outlet for me.

Here's a better picture of the cat:
Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 026_25A

That's me taking his picture.

Last edited by EKozski on March 3rd 2009, 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2009, 7:38 pm

I found some incredible stuff over at, Black Pearl Sims, so I'm going to try and redo Michael's loft still using Ari and Harry's pictures.

Every picture I saw, I just went ga-ga over. So, hopefully it'll turn out the way I want it. Found the most interesting wallpaper/paneling too.

Last edited by EKozski on March 3rd 2009, 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyMarch 1st 2009, 1:39 am

Guess what, kiddies. Another redecorating rush. OK, OK, don't throw tomatoes at me....Please!!

So far, I've only done the bedroom. I found this set over at Black Pearl Sims. The downside is, I had to go to five different places to get meshes. But, once I saw this bedroom set, it screamed at me, "It's Michael's!!"

The bedroom set is called, Masculine Splendor. Now, on with the show.
Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 Snapshot_b66e840b_16b5ddfc
Everything you see in the picture came with the set except for, the green bottle on top the dresser and the windows. And, I already know I'm changing the floor. I looked at the picture and went, YUCK! I thought I'd try something different with the windows. That design is gold but I don't think it fits the theme of the room: masculine. The pillows on the bed is a seperate mesh. Buried underneath is a pillow set the uses the texture of the bedding. Dorky me forgot to snap a picture of it.

A different view of the bedroom. Ignore the red and the windows. Once again, everything you see came with the set except for the luggage. That was my doing.
Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 Snapshot_b66e840b_f6b5dbb5
The vase is a seperate mesh. The folded towels just to the right of the vase is a seperate mesh. The pile of pillows in the far right corner is a seperate mesh. And, the folded sweaters underneath the vase is a seperate mesh....WHEW!

Michael snoozing away in his new bed.
Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 Snapshot_b66e840b_96b5deaf

Once I'm all done with the loft, I'll post pictures of the entire redesign.

Last edited by EKozski on March 3rd 2009, 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zayury

Zayury

Number of posts : 582
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyMarch 1st 2009, 6:39 am

WOW! My dear Sunshine that is one freaking AWESOME fine!!! Bravo! Send Flowers I LOVE ALL OF IT! Kiss

Don't worry about the pillows I am able to see that their texture matches the bedspread! I love the masculine colors and designs! I love the windows by the way, maybe like you said they don't go with the 'masculine' feel, but I love them where did you find them?

And I forgot where do you find the curtains and pillows that draw the color from the bedspread?

Also, the more I see that loft the more I like it, and I keep forgetting to ask you where was it that you found that loft?

Thank-you honey for sharing another fabulous fine with us! Kiss
Back to top Go down
http://panterasmemories.blogspot.com/
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyMarch 1st 2009, 6:55 am

Thank you my dear.......

If you wait till later on in the day, I'll send you an email with links.

Right now, I'm on my way to bed, my back is killing me, and we're going grocery shopping later in the morning.

Last edited by EKozski on March 3rd 2009, 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 11:27 am

Beautiful job, as always. I especially like the vase & handsome bedding. The colors in the bedding are gorgeous.

When you shoot Z the email with the curtain and window (both the black etched & gold) links, would you CC me on that, too, Ed?
I've created a new log on (read here) and don't feel like sifting all through my email and PMs to locate some of the downloads I have in my original folder already.
Thanks, dahling! I'd appreciate it.

Send Flowers Bravo! Send Flowers
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

Number of posts : 5956
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyMarch 3rd 2009, 12:52 am

Ed...........

I would not change a thing. That room is FANTASTIC Sir!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://basicforsims.forummotion.com
SimEm

SimEm

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 EmptyMarch 4th 2009, 5:10 pm

Nice job! I especially like the bedding. The patterns and the pillows are really neat.

Bravo!
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Plain Pictures   Just Plain Pictures - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Plain Pictures
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2