Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly Sims 2 Community featuring free downloads, Sim Stories, Games & More

HomeHome  Start HereStart Here  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  

Abstract Art Loft

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EKozski

EKozski

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 13th 2009, 6:22 pm

I got the idea to redecorate a loft from the pictures of Harry's art work. I'm sort of still working on it. But, I thought I'd show what I've come up with so far.

This is the living room.
What I did was, I used the absrtact rug to play off the squares/shapes in the picture on the left and right side. The picture in the middle I used for the TV. The cylinders could sort of take the shape of the speakers on each end of the TV.
Abstract Art Loft Snapshot_00000001_36a1b22a

Abstract Art Loft Snapshot_00000001_56a1b266

This is the kitchen and dining room.
I purposely hunted down a kitchen set to go with this house. I did good! Gold
Sugah might recognize the vase in the corner.
Abstract Art Loft Snapshot_00000001_f6a1b30f

Abstract Art Loft Snapshot_00000001_d6a1b354

Here's the music room. This loft was going to be for somebody else. But, once I found this wallpaper, that all changed. If I'm not mistaken, it has the same exact colors in the picture. I love that picture. Loving
Abstract Art Loft Snapshot_00000001_96a1b51b

This is the bedroom. I used the same wallpaper that's in the music room.
Sugah might recognized the bedding. The end table that's in the left hand corner next to the dresser, those pillows take their texture from the bedding also. Those are from a bedroom set at TSR. That's a table lamp on top of the dresser. Odd, huh?
Abstract Art Loft Snapshot_00000001_36a1b55c

And, if you look close, I even put roses on the bed.
Abstract Art Loft Snapshot_00000001_36a1b59d

Now, I've been really iffy on the wallpaper I used in the loft. I'm not so sure about the red color. Is it too dark? Too bright? Same with the wallpaper in the music room and bedroom.

All the lamps/lights you see came from DOT at TSR.

How about that chair in the bedroom under Michael's picture. It's identical to the Zecutime sofa and loveseat. It takes on the same properties as they do. I think Windkeeper or Shakeshaft over at TSR made it.
Back to top Go down
Zayury

Zayury

Number of posts : 582
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 13th 2009, 10:29 pm

My dear Sunshine, I think everything looks STUPENDOUS! That red wall color is PERFECT! It's a magnificent contrast to the white furniture! I LOVE the rug, and Harry's pics are MARVELOUS! The TV and the vases next to them fit perfectly with everything else! That table setting is GORGEOUS! EXCELLENT JOB MY DEAR! Bravo! Send Flowers
Great Job
Back to top Go down
http://panterasmemories.blogspot.com/
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 14th 2009, 8:19 am

Wow, Ed! It's beautiful!! What great colors and schemes all through the house. I showed it to Harry, too. He likes it. He had no idea his art would be so popular. I explained to him that this is a pretty big deal in the sims world, so he needed to sit his ass down and make some more! Giggle We both really liked that rug, too. Fantastic job!
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 14th 2009, 10:51 am

Thank you ladies! Kiss

I love those pictures. And, yes, tell him to make more!! I could use them.

See if he could do them in blue?!!?
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 14th 2009, 1:20 pm

Do you want the same pictures in blue, or different pictures? I'd love to see these pics in blue! My favorite color. It's yours, too, isn't it, Ed?
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 14th 2009, 3:42 pm

Same pictures.....

Yes, my favorite color is blue. Gold
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 15th 2009, 9:44 am

I love red, especially with white (and a smidgen of black) splashed in.
BEAUTIFUL decorating, Ed. I simply love it.

Thank you for using some of my creations (the vase, bedding, etc), along with Harry's art in your decorating scheme.

Bravo!

PS I think Harry's art would look fabulous in blue, too.
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 23rd 2009, 9:04 pm

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this, Ed. I didn't forget. Harry said he would recolor the art in blue, but he hasn't gotten to it. He's had a lot of trouble with his shoulder/neck/back for the past couple of weeks, and has been icing/heating it a lot. He has trouble sleeping because the pain is keeping him awake. Physical therapy seems to be aggravating, rather than helping it. So he hasn't exactly been his happy computery self lately. However, he has made some blue abstract art after I mentioned it to him - some new pieces. I really like them.

Abstract Art Loft BluePipesresized
Blue Pipes

Abstract Art Loft BlueBang
Blue Bang

Abstract Art Loft BlueTenetresized
Blue Tenet
Back to top Go down
Zayury

Zayury

Number of posts : 582
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 24th 2009, 8:50 am

THEY ARE AWESOME my dear Ari! Please tell your hubby he outdid himself! Bravo! Send Flowers Kiss
Back to top Go down
http://panterasmemories.blogspot.com/
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 24th 2009, 11:14 am

Oh, they turned out beautifully, Ari! Harry did a great job on them.

Please let him know I was asking about him. I hope his back feels better with each passing day. It sucks to hurt, esp when it keeps you from moving, sleeping and breathing normally!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 24th 2009, 11:42 am

Thank you, ladies! I have already passed on your words - since he's off today and sitting right behind me, lol. I love these new pieces, and plan to ask Sugah if she'll make them into art sometime after her next update. I'd like to use them in my story.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 24th 2009, 1:49 pm

Oh, I would absolutely LOVE and be honored to, Ari!

Once this next update is over, I can get started on them.
If you and Harry approve, I'll offer them here, when finished, as an exclusive gift for Basic.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 24th 2009, 6:51 pm

That'd be just perfect! Thank ya, darlin'! Send Flowers
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 24th 2009, 9:16 pm

It is my pleasure, m'lady!

Kiss
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 25th 2009, 7:52 pm

Guess who wants those pictures?!!?

I think they're great.

And, I know exactly where they're going.....
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 26th 2009, 2:49 pm

So happy you like them, Ed!
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft EmptyFebruary 26th 2009, 4:02 pm

Ari, I have finished my Sugah's Place update and would be happy to have you send me Harry's art at any time.
I should be able to work on it Saturday and have it uploaded here by late morning, 2/28.

Send Flowers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abstract Art Loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abstract Art Loft   Abstract Art Loft Empty

Back to top Go down

Abstract Art Loft
Page 1 of 1