Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly Sims 2 Community featuring free downloads, Sim Stories, Games & More

HomeHome  Start HereStart Here  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  

The Christmas House Challenge

Go down 
+2
x-xmasfairy-x
Hunter
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

Number of posts : 5956
Registration date : 2008-10-27

The Christmas House Challenge Empty
PostSubject: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptySeptember 24th 2009, 3:34 pm

The Christmas House Challenge Christmashouse

This challenge is simple and hopefully fun.

The challenge is to create a Christmas themed house from an original Sims 2 house. You can only use Sims 2 lots - none of the expansion pack lots.
This way everyone can play.

Here are the guidelines.

1. You must use an original lot from Sims 2.

2. You can alter the lot somewhat - but it should retain enough of it's originality so that people know it's an original Sims 2 lot.

3. You can change the color/paint of the exterior walls, but you may not remove any of the exterior walls.

4. You can change the color/paint of the interior walls and also move the interior walls to create more or less rooms as you wish.

5. You can completely change the landscaping if you'd like.

6. You may use Maxis content from any Expansion Pack or Stuff Pack.

7. You may use custom content from other sites or custom content you've created yourself. Have fun treasure hunting at other sites to find Christmas themed items. You may use cheats also for placement of objects.

8. The house should have a Christmas theme - but it does NOT have to be covered with Christmas decor from top to bottom and inside and out. This is where you have the most freedom. The house can have a Christmas feel or be totally immersed in Christmas items.

9. You can post up to 10 pictures that best show your house's exterior and interior best. The photos must not be larger than 600 x 450.

10. Photo Shop or any other photo editing programs are discouraged EXCEPT to add text to your photos. The editing programs should not be used to enhance or alter your actual photos. The fun of this challenge is to be creative through actual play - not photo editing.

11. After you've posted your photos, you can write a paragraph explaining why you chose to modify the lot the way you did - OR you can let your photos speak for themselves.

12. Post by replying to this thread. Be aware that people can comment on your lot through the duration of this challenge. Any rude commentary WILL BE removed and get the writer of the post a warning.

13. You may only submit 1 house for this challenge.

14. The contest opens today, September 24 and will be open through the end of day December 17.

15. The house will be judged by appearance, originality, use of content and overall grasp of the theme.

16. There will be a 1st and 2nd Place position in the voting. Winners will be announced December 24 in a special post.

17. Have FUN

If you have questions - they can be asked by replying to this thread or PM'ing me. Please note that asking here in this thread may help other's who might have the same question.

Glitter Heart Hunter
Back to top Go down
https://basicforsims.forummotion.com
x-xmasfairy-x

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: First Time Competition Entry   The Christmas House Challenge EmptySeptember 25th 2009, 11:03 am

i have never uploaded anything from the sims 2 game onto a website so if i won would you tell me how to?
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptySeptember 25th 2009, 5:29 pm

Of course!

This contest is not to offer the houses for download though - it's just uploading the pictures so everyone can see your creativity.

Photobucket.com is a great place to hold your photos and share them with the world. Once you upload your pictures there (it is really self - explanatory at the site) - you'll be provided links for all of your photos. You just place the links in the post where you want to share your picture.

I hope that answered your question. If it didn't and I wasn't understanding correctly - let me know and I'll be happy to help. It's nice to have you here. Yup
Back to top Go down
callydreaming

callydreaming

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyOctober 21st 2009, 3:59 pm

oh bit early for me to be starting my christmas houses but sounds like a lot of fun! and for once i have plenty of time to enter yay!

Now for my stupid questions, do i have to show every room of each house? as well as the outside or can i just show the out side and living and maybe a decorated hallway and bedroom?

Now can i change the roof of the house if i think it looks awful?

and do you need help with prizes hon, i would be happy to donate if you need help ;)

Thanks for the help and i hope you have a sucessful contest! Now i just need to find sites with christmas decor!

The Christmas House Challenge 450444
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyOctober 21st 2009, 11:45 pm

I'm going to answer in red as to get into the festive spirit.

callydreaming wrote:
oh bit early for me to be starting my christmas houses but sounds like a lot of fun! and for once i have plenty of time to enter yay!

Now for my stupid questions, do i have to show every room of each house? as well as the outside or can i just show the out side and living and maybe a decorated hallway and bedroom?

There should be photos of the house inside and out. You don't have to decorate EVERY room in the Christmas motif - but the photographs you share should be in theme with the challenge.

Now can i change the roof of the house if i think it looks awful?

The roof can have a different color or texture - but overall SHOULD look like the original house. In other words - after all of your modifications - the house should STILL be recognizable as an original Maxis house.

and do you need help with prizes hon, i would be happy to donate if you need help ;)

As for right now - undecided. I don't know how I feel about exclusive downloads for certain members. So far - our challenges have just been for fun - but I still need to have some discussions with other admins and moderators here to see how winning challenges should best be handled. Thank you for the offer though and I will keep it in mind.

Thanks for the help and i hope you have a sucessful contest! Now i just need to find sites with christmas decor!

Thank you so much Cally. It's nice having you here at the forum and I look forward to your participation.

The Christmas House Challenge 642848
Back to top Go down
callydreaming

callydreaming

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyOctober 22nd 2009, 12:54 pm

The Christmas House Challenge 450444 Thankies for the answers hunter, very useful for me!

Quote :
Thank you so much Cally. It's nice having you here at the forum and I look forward to your participation.

The Christmas House Challenge 250741 thank you so much hunter its nice being here! Though you may have had enough of me by christmas The Christmas House Challenge 740810
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 7th 2009, 10:06 am

This sounds fun!! IĀ“m in!

Now I need some Christmas stuff......hmmm....

The Christmas House Challenge 882549
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 7th 2009, 1:39 pm

I can't wait to see what you'll do Ulli!! Your work is always so amazing and beautifully photographed. I'm happy you're going to participate! The Christmas House Challenge 658930
Back to top Go down
lukiepie

lukiepie

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 6:08 pm

Hunter, how does one go about doing this contest?? sounds fun never done before.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 13th 2009, 1:14 am

Hey Lukie -

Did you read the first post of this thread?

You'll need to re-design an original Maxis house per the specifications listed there. It's a redecorating contest basically.

If you still have questions after reading the first post - please feel free to ask. The Christmas House Challenge 252500
Back to top Go down
lukiepie

lukiepie

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 18th 2009, 6:52 pm

Hunter, are we allowed to put our christmas house pictures on as a slide show??
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 18th 2009, 9:33 pm

lukiepie wrote:
Hunter, are we allowed to put our christmas house pictures on as a slide show??

A slide show is permitted, however only 10 pictures can be shown as stated in the rules above.

The Christmas House Challenge 252500
Back to top Go down
lukiepie

lukiepie

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 20th 2009, 3:12 pm

another question for you Hunter,do we post our pictures on this very page?? and I'm not sure how to do it sorry.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 20th 2009, 4:08 pm

Hey Lukie -

You will post be replying to this thread - so it will be here. The Christmas House Challenge 252500
Back to top Go down
lukiepie

lukiepie

PostSubject: my christmas house   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 20th 2009, 4:46 pm

I used the maxis family farm house for my country christmas

This is my first ever contest, any feed back is apprished...
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 21st 2009, 1:37 am

The Christmas House Challenge 262314

It's beautifully done Lukie!!!

Perfect and exactly what I had in mind for this competition. We all have our work cut out for us!
Back to top Go down
lukiepie

lukiepie

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 21st 2009, 8:21 am

Thank-you Hunter that means a lot to me!!!
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyNovember 21st 2009, 10:56 pm

It was a well-deserved compliment.

That truly is fabulous work there! Of course......you've made it quite hard for all others who'll post after you. The Christmas House Challenge 252500

Thanks so much for participating Lukie!

The Christmas House Challenge 393727
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: UlliĀ“s Christmas house.   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyDecember 12th 2009, 1:35 pm

Hi me and hubby has a little holiday house where we go to every holiday.

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_382fcc32_182fed4e

This year we have our granddaughter Ollie with us for the visit. Take a look;

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_382fcc32_58300a2f

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_382fcc32_383009ef

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_382fcc32_b8300ac0

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_382fcc32_f8300bfd

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_382fcc32_18300c0f

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_382fcc32_18300b0e

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_382fcc32_18300b2b

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_382fcc32_d82fe4af

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_382fcc32_f82ff420

The house we bought was called Sporty shed or something like that it looks like this in the game;

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_00000021_b802f316

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_00000021_d802f32a

The Christmas House Challenge Snapshot_00000021_d81481a4
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyDecember 12th 2009, 9:31 pm

Ulli -

It's really beautiful!

The Christmas House Challenge 262314 Of course, I do expect that from you.

Thank you so much for submitting in this challenge with your extraordinary house.
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyDecember 13th 2009, 1:29 am

OMG! Lukie & Ulli, these are absolutely EXQUISITE!!!
I love what you have both done SO MUCH! WOW!
I can't tell you how impressed I am with how festive and tasteful both of your Christmas Houses are, both inside and out.

You both have shown such an attention to detail. Every room looks simply beautiful.
I'd download both of these houses in a NY minute!

Thank you for sharing these gorgeous Christmas abodes with us.
They're awesome!!!

Dance Santa
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
lukiepie

lukiepie

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyDecember 13th 2009, 12:29 pm

Thank-you for the kind words Sugah The Christmas House Challenge 642848
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyDecember 13th 2009, 12:41 pm

Thanks Hunter and Sugah! The Christmas House Challenge 577549
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyDecember 13th 2009, 11:11 pm

You're welcome. And I mean every word I said. I just LOVE looking at your beautiful Christmas bodes.
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge EmptyDecember 13th 2009, 11:13 pm

Aren't they both amazing? How on Earth is anyone supposed to choose???

They've both made it very hard. It's funny because when I thought of the challenge awhile ago, I had pictures in my head - and between their two houses what I imagined has really come to life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas House Challenge   The Christmas House Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next