Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly Sims 2 Community featuring free downloads, Sim Stories, Games & More

HomeHome  Start HereStart Here  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  

EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.

Go down 
+2
Hunter
EKozski
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EKozski

EKozski

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2008-12-20

EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. Empty
PostSubject: EKozski''s Thought''s: I''m Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 18th 2009, 12:50 pm

I for one have no desire to buy it because Rod Humble lied to the masses:
EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. Securomwarning
Plus I never explored all the different things you can do with the Sims 2. I enjoy it waaaay too much.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

Number of posts : 5956
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 18th 2009, 1:09 pm

I totally understand peoples concern about Secure-Rom - but I do have the Apartment Life and Freetime and I personally have not had any issues.

I HAVE read that some people do though, so I think it's a bit of a crapshoot.........like gambling. I also don't think that these people have anything to gain by lying - so they must be telling the truth. Rod Humble has EVERY reason to lie - he's trying to sell a product.......so..........

One day I probably WILL buy Sims 3 (probably like 5 years from now) but I'm a gambler by nature. I like Ed though - do NOT appreciate the LIE.
Back to top Go down
https://basicforsims.forummotion.com
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 18th 2009, 1:23 pm

"According to Pescado, the version of SecuRom on this is the same as the one on Spore, and that means that all the problems people had with Spore, will happen again with TS3."

I managed to find that quote also.

Yes, it is a crapshoot. I for one am not willing to take that chance. But, I also swore not to buy anything from EA/Maxis once I started reading about the first Secu_ROM issues. A lot of people seem to be lucky, but, I think for the most part, people have one or several annoyances. Why would anybody have to disable their CD or DVD R/W drive just to play a game?!!?
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 18th 2009, 10:53 pm

I think I remember seeing steps on how to remove Securom. I have Freetime and luckily I haven't noticed it.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 21st 2009, 5:03 pm

So far, in my travels to here and there, I've found out a few things.

There's very big contraversy if this is the actual game or nothing more than a beta copy. Someone did take a look at the .info file and it did say, Secu-ROM and registration.

I did find out that when you do fire up the game, it does create a Downloads folder. So far, it's my understanding that the only things you can download are, from the Offical Site. You'll need to use their download manager or whatever the stupid thing is called. That's the only way to get Custom Content into your game. It has to be bought and paid for from The Sims 3 Store. There isn't one person that wants to even try and mod or manipulate the game. If so, it's illega, it's encrypted close sourced codingl. No Sims 3 "booty" It's either EAMaxis or possibly TSR.

Some people playing the game report their video card heats up something terrible. Practically melting. But, from the pictures I've seen so far, the game does look interesting. BUT, the Sims are just plain ugly. Lifeless, blank, zombie like eyes. People also have a problem getting used to the new UI (User Interface/Controls) There's a few other glitches here and there. Most notably the neighborhood view.

I'm standing my ground: I AM NOT GETTING THE GAME!

Last edited by EKozski on May 21st 2009, 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more info)
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 22nd 2009, 12:09 am

Double posting........Sorry

This is copied from InSIM:

As far as someone who knows is concerned, here's his opinion on the moddability:

Pescado wrote:
"It looks like the way TS3 is structured MAY in fact be highly moddable, perhaps more so than TS2. Here's where it all goes to ka-ka: Unfortunately, the scripts are also compiled, encrypted, and digitally signed. We have had success in breaking through the encryption, but unfortunately, they are also digitally signed to SPECIFICALLY PREVENT THE GAME FROM ACCEPTING THIRD-PARTY MODIFICATION."

End of quote.

Meaning-it's almost impossible to do this without breaking a few laws and other body parts. God only knows if anyone will attempt it now. If this is as bad as it sounds, it won't be done, period.

Time to go back to TS2. I never left, and now I never will. Nice idea while it lasted.

I give TS3 about 6 months before it dies a natural death. I don't know of anyone who is going to dare break the code that has a brain in their head. It's illegal to do so, and if you get caught, it's called digital theft and it is a federal offense in the U.S. It's copyrighted, and material that is copyrighted is also protected by federal law in the US, as well as the EU.

But you say, TS2 was modded-but the code was open-source, thus made available for anyone to use. This is not.

EA made it fool proof and almost unbreakable. More power to them. They just lost most of their players and a lot of money.

I had to change one word: ka-ka. It was something else.......
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 22nd 2009, 12:27 am

That definitely leaves me out too, Ed.

If it can't be modded.........THAT takes away a BIG part of play for me. It will for HUNDREDS of other creators. Bull

THAT SUCKS.

And you can say It's going to shit - because if the ability to mod is NOT an option - then IT IS SHIT.

Hey - that's a PG-13 word and it's my forum so..........
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 22nd 2009, 12:42 am

Well, shit. I din't think I could use the word, shit.

That last smiley was hysterical!!

Gave me a good laugh.......Thank you!

I've been buzzing around and found out a few people that actually downloaded the game and are enjoying it. Downside is, you're stuck with those clay looking Sims and "blocky" furniture.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 22nd 2009, 12:48 am

Ed.......we try to be family friendly - but we're NOT Amish (no offense to the Amish) LOL

EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. Amish-10

Seriously.......I think the Amish ROCK!!! EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. Rock10
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 22nd 2009, 12:57 am

My cousin back home in Pittsburgh lives near the mountains. She has a cabin there and runs into the Amish all the time.

Very quiet people. Stay to themselves. Go back and forth shopping in their horse drawn carriage. The local police had to force them into putting a reflective decal on the back of the carriages because at night, you couldn't see them. Too many Amish people were getting injured or killed.

The decal sort of went against their beliefs.......
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 22nd 2009, 9:46 pm

That is crazy. I remember when TS2 came out the interviews all talked about how important mods and cc was to promoting the game and making it as popular as it was and now it's like they total forgot that and they're doing everything possible to keep players from customizing the game.

I hate those doughy faces too. I read in an article, I think it was from parsimonious, or another site that was involved in the creator's camp that in game you could say, change the sims' eye colors to any shade, but you couldn't change the shape of the eyes like you can in TS2, so all the sims end up looking the same.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 23rd 2009, 9:12 am

I absolutely hate the way they look. They have no chins and their faces are all round. Dough faced is a very accurate description. And their skintone is abominable. They look even more cartoony than TS2 sims did when they came out. I know it's just a game, but I like a lot of variety in the way my sims look, and all the ones I've seen look the same. And with the inability to have custom skintones and eyes (default, especially) I don't think I could live with them.

It does look like it has a lot of nice features, but I'm looking forward to hearing people's opinions and seeing screenshots after it's released. I will not be buying it right away. IF I buy it, it won't be until Christmas. But judging by what I've seen/heard so far, I'm not that interested.
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 24th 2009, 1:15 am

Well, I found out the .exe file has a date on it, April 22, 2008

From InSIM:
The year is known. The executable was build on 2009-04-22, two weeks before Gold. While it is known that it is not the FINAL version, it is practically certain that it represents a "Feature Complete" executable, meaning that no actual features will be added. Think of the final release as simply a patch...which it essentially is, since there's already a patch for THAT out.

Gold means, the Final release of the game. The one that's being shipped out.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 27th 2009, 11:39 am

Speaking of how the sims look, reminded me of this picture I saw last week. And I know Goopy is Ari's favorite sim too. (not!)

EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. 52f78h
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 28th 2009, 1:21 am

I found this over at Black Pearl:

The TSR team have been developing a Custom Content tool for Sims 3 for some time now. We have all been spoilt with the level of customization for Sims 2 and want the Sims 3 CC experience to be even better. This time around we have decided to publish our own set of tools.

Many people are aware of our CC tool for Sims 2 which is used by some of our FA’s and invited creators, but we never made a public release. This time around we plan to release a freeware tool for the whole community!

Work Shop Link. In case you were curious and wanted to take a peek.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 28th 2009, 1:51 am

I'm guessing many will fly away to Sims 3 - but I'm not budging (not for a LONG time anyway).

Webfetti.com
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 28th 2009, 6:58 pm

I'm not budging either......

A thought someone said about that new "tool" from TSR.

In order for them to be working on it since January, that must mean they have a release of the game to work with?

Sure, I can see them releasing the base workshop for free, but then when an EP comes along, or an update/upgrade is needed, they'll nail you for it, you'll need to be a subscriber to get it.

I hope they prove me wrong, but I'm highly skeptical about this. Either way, the only reason they're making their own is so that their EULA can state that the objects can be pay or free.

Interstingly enough, nobody trust's anything from TSR.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 28th 2009, 9:45 pm

They do have some awesome meshes I like to use. LOL
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 29th 2009, 1:17 am

I'm kind of fond of some of the stuff from TSR. I have a bunch of the Zecutime Sofa recolors in my game made by MoMama I think it is. Plus, I have that fridge I recolored from TSR. Studio K makes some great walls and floors......

One of the girls over at Black Pearl already made two Sims from The Sims 3 avaliable for download already.

Direct Link

That was fast!
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 29th 2009, 2:27 am

Okay......I have to confess - I DID already get Sims 3.

I know I said I wasn't going to and I've been arguing against it - but I couldn't resist so I special ordered it and got it early and I've been working on a few things.

I'd like you all to meet Gretchen Retchen - My First Sims 3 Sim.

EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. Fugly_10

LOL SHOULD I offer her for download????

Last edited by Hunter on May 29th 2009, 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 29th 2009, 3:46 am

Why, of course, dear!

She'll be the most popular downloaded Female Sim ever created. Everybody will want her. Hell, even I want her. And I don't even have the game!

LOL
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 29th 2009, 11:18 am

Oh, Hunter, you traitor! lol

I can't see the picture of your sim. Sorry
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 30th 2009, 2:03 pm

I see her now. GAAAHHHH!!!!

I think I've seen a picture like that before. Where did she come from?
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyMay 31st 2009, 12:46 pm

LOL

I Googled Fugly and that picture came up.

Fugly is what I think of the Sims 3. I'm sorry and I hate to be mean - but I do NOT like their faces. It's gonna take a whole bunch of customization to make them as attractive as Sims 2. I just LOVE my Sims 2 too much to ever give them up. I get so attached to some that I create just for the site - that I HATE removing them from my game. I feel like I'm "killing" them.

I can't imagine I'll come around to Sims 3 anytime soon.........if ever. I DO like the idea of the open neighborhood and the more customized personalities - but I don't know if that will be enough to convert me. I feel like MY SIMS have a lot of personality. They must - I talk to them, yell at them and argue with them during "photo shoots". I would say that Piper and Layla are the most difficult. Piper is difficult because SHE IS - Layla loses focus easily. LOL Am I nuts?
Back to top Go down
EKozski

EKozski

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. EmptyJune 1st 2009, 7:27 am

I don't think you're nuts.

I've always said, I treat my pixel people as if they were human. Yes, as an adult male, I've grown emotionally attached to my Sims. Now, am I nuts?!!?

Another thing I've said was, my Sims have a unique personality all their own. I've seen it. I've witnessed it. Those two Sims, TJ and Charles constantly crack me up. (Whenever I find time to play)

The Sim the gave me the biggest problems was, the new one, Aston Redfield. For the life of me, I could not get him to sit still. That's why there's only two pictures of him. I tried so hard to get a third one. But, I would've had better luck pulling my own teeth out. I just gave up and started up GIMP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.   EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It. Empty

Back to top Go down

EKozski's Thought's: I'm Not Getting It.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next