Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly Sims 2 Community featuring free downloads, Sim Stories, Games & More

HomeHome  Start HereStart Here  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  

Miscellaneous Pictures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SimEm

SimEm

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Miscellaneous Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyJanuary 27th 2009, 4:31 pm

I thought it would be nice to have a place to share miscellaneous pictures I take while making this story.

Here's Onyx, the old hag from the prologue as an adult.
Miscellaneous Pictures Snapsh10

A few of the Greek gods: Zeus, Hephaestus, a random sim that popped up in CAS that I decided to keep (I ended up giving her a makeover and now she's tavern owner from the prologue), Poseidon, and Hades.
Miscellaneous Pictures Snapsh11

And Ares, god of war. He was one of my toddlers from my 7 toddler challenge. I used a greek mythology theme for their names. He grew up to be a really cute adult.
Miscellaneous Pictures Snapsh12
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Hunter
Admin
Hunter

Number of posts : 5956
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyJanuary 27th 2009, 5:15 pm

That's a great idea for a post Em!

Often so many good shots are taken that do not get used - this is a perfect use for them!
Back to top Go down
https://basicforsims.forummotion.com
Zayury

Zayury

Number of posts : 582
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: WOW!   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyJanuary 27th 2009, 9:25 pm

Em, these are GREAT! I LOVE all the Greek gods, you did a superb job with their costumes, skintones, and makeup! Bravo!

OOOOOWEEEEE! ARES is FINE girl! Man! Milk did his body real GOOD! YUMMY! Crush Giggle

Last edited by Zayury on January 28th 2009, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://panterasmemories.blogspot.com/
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyJanuary 27th 2009, 10:03 pm

Onyx was a beauty (well, minus the horns, of course, lol) in her day, wasn't she? I love her eyes.

You may recall how fabulous I thought your Greek gods were when I first saw them all.
I agree with Z. You really DID do a superb job with them. Everything from their head to their toes (skin, costumes, etc) looks TERRIFIC!

Um, excuse me but Ares is BEYOND just "cute" ... He's a giant snack!!! I love his bone structure.

Thank you for sharing your in game snapshots with us, Em. I enjoyed seeing them. Yup
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 10:31 am

I think it's always fun to share pictures that aren't used. For AH I have an outtakes section, because sometimes things happen that are just too funny not to share.

Quote :
Man! Milk did his body real GOOD! YUMMY

LOL! I'm glad you like him. It been so long since I made his family, I'm not sure what I created him from. I think he was definitely the looker of the bunch, because he's the only one I had a picture of in my files. I'll have to see how the others turned out again. As I remember, Aphrodite wasn't that pretty.

A beauty minus the horns and claws, right? I was going to make her uglier, but I decided she didn't need to be ugly really, just ancient.

The Greek gods were fun to make. I never used custom skintones much because I used to be on dial-up and they took forever to download, so it was really fun to make sims who were more unique looking.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 12:23 pm

I was trying to respond to this last night, but for some reason it wasn't working.

I love your Greek god sims! They're all gorgeous and look so fantastic with their coloring.

Onyx was really beautiful when she was younger. And look at Ares, zowie!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Chapter I-I Distaster!   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyFebruary 8th 2009, 12:23 pm

Thanks, Ari.

I had a time filming the flashback scene for Chapter I-I. It turned into a major disaster! To stage the fire, I used the incindiary bomb from Paladin's Place. I thought I would be smart, place it in the barn and then lock the doors so my sims wouldn't get in where the fire was, but I accidentally set the burn radius too high and it got way out of control. Luckily only Penelope and her dad were living on the lot and I still had the teleporter shrub that I used to bring in the other family members on the lot, so I was able to zap them away. I tried to keep Penelope and her dad inside, but Pop got too close and was caught in the flames before I could stop him. Penelope was inside, oblivious to anything going on outside.

Miscellaneous Pictures Snapshot_95d1ed6d_768cc120

Penelope runs outside to save her father, but the grim reaper won't stop yaking on his stupid cell phone.

Miscellaneous Pictures Snapshot_95d1ed6d_b68cc1fa

Miscellaneous Pictures Snapshot_95d1ed6d_968cc2fd

I was waiting and waiting for the fire to go out. It was burning for hours and Penelope kept wanting to go outside and clean up the ashes. The silly girl caught herself on fire doing that before I could stop her. So I had to exit without saving before I could take the rest of the pictures I'd planned to take.

And the bad thing is I'll have to set it all again for another flashback. If I was more organized I'd figure out all of the barn burning scene shots I'd need and do them all at once. But I'm not. Yippee!
Back to top Go down
Zayury

Zayury

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyFebruary 8th 2009, 3:19 pm

LMAO You poor thing, lol! Girl, I've had to exit my lot without saving quite a few times, and I'm grateful for that option otherwise I probably would have quite playing the darn Sims, lol!! ROFL

And don't you just hate it when these dumb Sims RUN to the darn fire for crying out loud, lol! LOL

I didn't have a fire in my last video but I accidentally deleted one of my Flamenco dancers, and I had to quickly exit w/out saving, lol! Phew! That was close! Giggle

I do try to take all the pics I'll need in some areas. For example in my TOF the university flashbacks, I shot them all at one time, so I would not have to go back to Uni, lol! Gold

These outtakes were fun Em! Giggle
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyFebruary 8th 2009, 6:53 pm

Ah, jeez, Em. What a nightmare. When I was filming my Pirates of the Caribbean scene awhile back, I can't remember HOW many freaking times I used the incendiary bomb and had to exit without saving. Stupid Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth kept running toward the flames and screwing up the shots. And you can't make them stop freaking out. There is a hack somewhere to control that, I think, but I can't remember where I saw it.
Back to top Go down
Zayury

Zayury

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyFebruary 9th 2009, 7:58 am

Astral Faery wrote:
There is a hack somewhere to control that, I think, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Girl, you should ask Karen about that, I believe she had to use that hack for the fire sequence in "THUNDER VALLEY".
Back to top Go down
Sugah Sim

Sugah Sim

Number of posts : 3229
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyFebruary 9th 2009, 11:24 am

WOW! The things you scribes will do to get a screenshot ... and the catastrophes that can occur! I'd probably be exiting without saving non-stop, with my luck!
And I DEFINITELY would be freaking out watching my cast of Sims incinerate! Ooops

Great outtakes, Em! It's a hoot to go behind the scenes with you. Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures EmptyFebruary 9th 2009, 11:37 pm

I was actually planning to exit without saving anyway, because I had to tear down the barn for a couple of shots and didn't want it actually gone. But I was hoping to get a few more pictures taken before I backed out, but once I saw Penelope in flames, I knew that wasn't happening.

Running towards the flames actually worked for me with this shot because otherwise I would have had to make my sims do something or just have them standing there doing nothing.

How did you delete your flamenco dancer? With moveobjects on? I think even if you save after you delete a sim that way your sim will be alright when you come back.

The next time I need a flashback of that night, I might just act the whole thing out and take pictures and hope that will be all I'll need for the rest of the story. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Pictures   Miscellaneous Pictures Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Pictures
Page 1 of 1